Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
The SOL is relevant for applicants for:
- independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a state or territory government agency
- a Family Sponsored points-based skilled visa
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work stream.
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
The CSOL is relevant for applicants for:
- points-based skilled migration who are nominated by a state or territory government agency under a State Migration Plan
- the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), who must have been nominated by an Australian employer to fill a position in an occupation that appears in the CSOL
- the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- the Training and Research visa (subclass 402).
Summary of changes
The following changes will apply to applications made for the above visas on or after 1 July 2014.
Occupations added to the SOL
The following occupations will be added to the SOL:
- Chef (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 351311)
- Bricklayer (ANZSCO 331111)
- Wall and Floor Tiler (ANZSCO 333411)
Occupations added to the CSOL
The following occupations will be added to the CSOL:
- Hydrogeologist (ANZSCO 234413)
- Exercise Physiologist (ANZSCO 234915)
Changes to occupation titles
The following titles will be changed:
- Ship’s Surveyor will be titled Marine Surveyor (ANZSCO 231215)
- General Medical Practitioner will be titled General Practitioner (ANZSCO 253111)
Changes to assessing authorities
For new applications for the above visas made on or after 1 July 2014, new assessing authorities will be specified for the following occupations:
- Nurse Manager (ANZSCO 254311): Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
- Nurse Educator (ANZSCO 254211): ANMAC
- Nurse Researcher (ANZSCO 254212): ANMAC.
- Marine Transport Professional not elsewhere classified (ANZSCO 231299): Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)